1) Two baby quilts finished. I'm very excited to give them away on Saturday.
2) Two Rose Star blocks finished. Check out selfsewn's tutorial if you want to sew along.
Here's what I've got for the WIP list:
1) Name the pattern for the baby quilts I just finished and make the pattern available on Craftsy.
2) Make another baby quilt in that pattern with some Kate Spain Terrain fabrics. Fun! This project is definitely in nascent stages.
3) One languishing queen-sized Storm at Sea quilt. Sorry quilt. Maybe you'll get some attention next month.
4) Make some blocks for a donation quilt and a swap with the Austin Modern Quilt Guild. I'm supposed to have those done for our meeting Thursday night, so I'm off to the fabric store to get some specific colors.
Claire, I love your baby quilts. I hope when the pattern is available, you announce it here! The diminishing/growing sizes of the squares makes me think of a baby growing up.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much! I'll definitely let you know when it's available. I'm so excited to be a part of Craftsy's growing collection of patterns :-)Delete
I am so impressed I could never have the patience for such beautiful detail work. I would love you to add this and any of your other projects to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMWReplyDelete
Will do! Thanks so much for stopping by.Delete
Your baby quilts are adorable! I know that those sweet pumpkins will enjoy cuddling in them...and their mama's will be touched by such a sweet and thoughtful gift. love handmade...and I love your Rose Star blocks. I want to try these because everyone says what a relaxing thing they are to do...I'm a little intimidated. What are your thoughts?ReplyDelete
Just jump right in. I had never done English Paper Piecing before, but Clare's tutorial at Selfsewn is very easy to follow. If you make one block and decide it's not for you, you can always frame it up like Clare did. Hers look beautiful and they make great sewing room decor ;-)Delete
I love your baby quilts - I'm currently working on something similar, but more simple with charm squares (pattern from moda bakeshop).ReplyDelete
Your baby quilts are so cute! I am sure they will be loved.ReplyDelete
Love the baby quilt - can't wait to see the Terrain version!ReplyDelete
the baby quilts are just darlingReplyDelete
I like your Rose Star Blocks too. How many are you planning to make??ReplyDelete
That's a really great question, and the answer is I have no idea ;-) In a cracked out moment I thought it would be fun to have one side of a quilt made of these Rose Star blocks and another side be Oh Fransson's Sparkle Quilt pattern. I don't know about that, though. It remains to be seen. I'll definitely post about it either way!Delete
Those baby quilts are adorable! I love the pattern, it seems so simple and clean, but wonderful with the muted colors :)ReplyDelete