Thursday, February 23, 2012

Empire Quilt is Ready to Bind

Quilted, squared, and ready to bind!

I need to hand this quilt off tomorrow, so I'm glad I'm nearly done. I did some chevron quilting and squared it up this morning. It looked so sparse afterwards, though, that I went back and quilted another row between each of the chevrons and stitched in the ditch along the vertical sashing.

The back has a little piecing for purely practical reasons. My measuring tape was missing when I first pieced the front column of blocks. When I finally unearthed the measuring tape in my sewing room, I realized I could remove a whole row of blocks from the column, and it would still be long enough. 

When I went to grab fabric from my stash for the back, I realized it was too short. I incorporated the row that I removed from the front with some extra Kona white, and the back came together perfectly. I love that it's all straight from the stash. 

I've been playing seasons of Sex in the City in the background while working on this quilt, so I'm calling it the Empire quilt.

It's back to the sewing room for me! I'm ready to get the binding on and get it in the washing machine. I'm linking up with Somewhat Simple and Between U & Me.

Somewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment