Taadaa! This is my big finish for the week. I ended up having to travel for the past couple of days, so I'm glad I got it in under the wire. This quilt was pretty easy to put together since the big squares were cut to 8" and and all of the colorful strips were cut to 2.5" wide. I was inspired by this pattern, but I needed larger pieces to really show off the prints and allow me to piece the top faster.
I took photos before and after washing. There was great sunshine on the evening before I washed it, but of course it was overcast the next morning.
The prints are Organic Monaluna fabrics from the Taali collection by Jennifer Moore with a little Kona White for contrast. The Monaluna fabric seemed to have a very fine weave. It had a great feel, and I will definitely buy more of their prints to work with. The little sheep are too sweet!
For the back, I pieced several sections of yardage. The middle print with all of the cars and bikes and little houses would be a great for a game of "I Spy."
For the binding, I used the extra 2.5" wide strips and pieced them together. I sewed it to the front with a 1/4" seam, wrapped it around to the back and then stitched in the ditch on the front to secure the binding to the back. It picked up all of the binding on the back without me having to go back and handstitch any skipped spots ;-)
I love the way the binding contrasts with the large fields of print on the back of the quilt, and it just makes the front of the quilt all the more lively.
Pre-wash dimensions: 41.25" x 61"
Post-wash dimensions: 39.75" x 58.5"
Batting: Very soft 1/4 batting that I no longer had the package for. It might have been an 80/20.
I hope this quilt brings lots of smiles in its new home for a long time to come. Happy Friday, everyone!
I'm linking up with Sew Happy Geek and Canoe Ridge Creations!