With the Rose Stars all finished, it was time to pick a final arrangement. Here are the blocks on the design wall as they've been for the past few months. I did the quilty math at the end of January and pinned up the blocks I had finished to define the quilt perimeter before I started filling in the middle.
Picking a final arrangement for blocks in a quilt top is not part of the process that I enjoy. It feels like a lot of pressure. Up until then, it seems like no big deal to pick out a seam here or there if you run across a problem. When a quilt top starts to form, though, it feels like a big commitment.
I got out my step ladder and fiddled around with it. I took lots of pictures and recruited Mr. Pins for assistance. I'm happy with this layout, even though I did just go swap two blocks around on the design wall ;-)
Tomorrow I'll fill you in on the background. Pun intended!