After finishing a Mosaic block on Friday and Star and Arkansas Traveler blocks during the day on Saturday, I decided to burn the midnight oil and work on a Lucky Pieces block.
My inner night owl took over and I got this block knocked out in the wee hours of the morning. I started feeling the pinch of the layer cake, though. I had to use the pink Lichen print in Berry to make the star part, because I didn't have enough of my first choice print. Never send a layer cake to do a fat quarter bundle's job, I guess ;-)
There are a lot of pieces to square up in the Lucky Pieces block, so it was late when I finally went to bed. I crawled out of bed ready to sew on Sunday, though. I had been pondering the teal colors of the Terrain prints as I went to sleep, so I started picking out colors first thing.
This Minnesota block wasn't my favorite of the Summer Sampler Series, because I felt like the hourglass shapes were distracting. Since I was limited by my available fabric, I decided to go scrappy.
Now I love this block! Of course I had to fussy cut some of the Stonecrop print in the Foliage color for this block. I think it would look even cooler if you could separate the values to make a slightly lighter diamond with those inner triangles. That's a sewing experiment for another time, though.
I'm thrilled with the amount of sewing I got done in 48 hours. I went from five blocks to ten blocks over the course of a weekend. Hooray!
|P.S. I love my new DIY clothesline!|
I hope you have a productive weekend of sewing ahead of you!