With guests on the way, I knew I had to transform my sewing room (aka, The Clubhouse) back into a guest room. These are some of the tricks I used to make the switch as smooth as possible.
1) We sold the bed last summer, so our guests knew to expect an air mattress.
4) The sewing furniture I use was relocated here from my parents's house. It has a door and drop-in piece to conceal the opening for your knees and feet and the space for the sewing machine.
6) Rulers hang on 3M hooks under the desk.
7) Bins can hide your WIPs.
8) Keeping small projects on trays prevents losing pieces, and the trays can be stacked away.
9) Generally try to clear away clutter before your guests arrive.
10) Sewing-related decor can still look nice in a guest room.
The Clubhouse worked well as a guest room for this little adventure, but I'm glad to be moving back in!
Does your sewing room have to serve dual purposes? Do you use any of these tricks or have some to share? I'd love to know!